Black-owned Boston restaurant list and restaurants owned by BIPOC chefs.
Coffee cafe, simple and Starbucks style
- Ripple Cafe at Ashmont MBTA Station. We heard the Ripple shop will be going into a 10-acre of the former Boston State Hospital site in Mattapan as part of the 367-unit housing development, with a range of apartments, condos and senior living units, developed by a partnership of minority-owned business enterprises.
- Dunkin Donuts and McDonald’s Black franchise operators are doing well in Black Boston
- BRED Gourmet Sandwiches on Dorchester Ave, Lower Mills area – Gourmet is the word!
- Oasis Vegan Veggie Parlor is a solid Black-owned juice bar and natural food restaurant on Blue Hill Ave
- The Haley House Bakery Cafe, should be listed here so it is. Its a community staple.
- Ali’s ROTI shop, 188 Blue Hill Ave, Mattapan, MA 02126 (617) 298-9850 – they are so delicious on the go
- Dudley Cafe, it’s near ground zero for Black Lives Matter movement march launches from Nubian Square
- Down Home Delivery on Bowdoin Street, smack dab in the middle of the hood
- JAMAICA Mi Hungry a big restaurant & food truck service, Ruggles station, plans to open in Allston,MA soon
- The WELL, Jamaican Restaurant, Mazzeo Drive Randolph, took over a large Bertucci’s space
- Flames Jamaican and Caribbean the line is long at the FLAMES( just opened another location in Randolph )
- Bon Appetit
- Next Step Soul Food – ravely r eviewed in the Boston Globe, Black-woman owned.
- One Family Diner
- Taste of Eden
- The Wake Up
- Vaughan Fish & Chips
Roxbury, Nubian Square & the South End
Darryl’s Corner Bar + Kitchen, formerly Bob’s the Chef years and years ago
MidaBoston chef-inspired Italian cuisine, brand new concept to the Black restaurant scene
Slades Bar + Grill – Millions love the crack chicken, also DJ, comedy club, dancing, sports bar,
Soleil – an AboutBlackBoston.org Getaways Tour group stop and it a great place to dine
Suya Joint – a BlackBoston.com reader took us here after joint visit to NCAAA, the National Center Museum for Afro-American Artists on Walnut, Ave., glad we went.
Ashur Restaurant casual North African and Middle Eastern
Fort Hill Bar + Grill
Ideal Sub Shop
Maxine’s on St. James
Nos Casa Cafe
P&R Jamaican Restaurant
Silver Slipper Diner
Blue Nile Restaurant
The Coast Soul Cafe
Many of these listing appeared in a @BlackBoston Twitter timeline post from WBUR.ORG “The Artery.” Do a call or check before visiting Boston restaurants due to the Covid-19 policy of altered service or temporary closing mandates. This list is updated on demand. Last update 1/3/2021
Membership Level: BLACK
Restaurants in Metro Boston
Multiple addresses, refer to weblinks.
Boston, MA US
varies, call first