January 22, 2022
Beverly Community Access Media (BevCam) seeks a dynamic, inspirational, and visionary leader as its next Executive Director.
Incorporated in 2001, BevCam is a multiple award-winning nonprofit community media center serving the City of Beverly, Massachusetts. BevCam operates three PEG Access channels on Comcast’s cable system: Public Access (programming from members of the community); Education Access (sports, other events, and original programming from students); and Government Access (coverage of hundreds of government meetings annually).
A very favorable 10-year agreement with Comcast was recently negotiated.
Some of your job duties and responsibilities are:
- Manages day-to-day operations and supervision of staff
- Sets the positive cultural tone of the organization, fosters professional growth and team building of staff
- Directs and expands revenue generating, development and fundraising initiatives
- Oversees hiring, staff development, performance management, separation, employee compensation and benefits
QUALIFICATIONS YOU NEED ARE:
Skills Set/Personal Qualities:
Excellent leadership, management, organizational, planning, and mentoring skills
Strong Interpersonal and team-building skills and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in all operations and production
Creative, entrepreneurial, good listener, decisive, sense of humor, willing to take risks
Action-oriented and mission focused – passionate about fostering growth
Past success with working and collaborating with a Board of Directors
Marketing, advertising and sales experience a plus
Strong fiscal management with limited financial resources
Business partnership experience
Community oriented, good networking skills
Media industry experience, including experience with non-cable access, private media outlets – connected in the industry
Current with creative and technical aspects of media production, including on social media platforms
Comprehensive understanding of the latest streaming technology
An understanding of the current climate of media consumption, including a commitment to fact-based news content, and how to increase viewership/listenership in this climate
Extensive knowledge of the cable TV/community media field and telecommunications issues that affect it, including federal, state and local cable regulations, and related matters
BevCam’s mission is to:
(1) provide education, encouragement and support to individuals and groups in the Beverly community in their efforts to communicate through electronic media;
(2) provide technological and educational resources that facilitate and encourage freedom of expression for individuals and groups within the Beverly community; and
(3) provide a place where community members may gather to learn and experience new technologies.
BevCam has five full-time staff (including the Executive Director), with offices located in the high school (no expenses for rent or utilities), and wants to expand its service delivery to include more internet-based real time streaming, YouTube channels, and social media content/programming.
For more details: https://bevcam.org/
The population of Beverly is 42,000.