The public is being asked about the new African American public art installation proposed for the Boston Common park. It will commemorate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s and Coretta Scott King’s Boston legacy. The project is funded, a worldwide search for designers went out, and a short list of semi-finalists has been selected. Now, its the public’s turn to voice your opinion. Which one do you want to see on Boston Common?
List of Designs and Designers
The mlkboston.org/art/ Selection Committee will be accepting your comments until Oct 16, 2018 at the link.
Double-click these links to view detailed drawings and renderings.
You can read the vision the artists held when creating the designs.
- Avenue of Peace by Yinka Shonibare
- Boston’s King Memorial by Adam Pendleton, Adjaye Associates, Future\Pace and David Reinfurt
- The Embrace by Hank Willis Thomas with MASS Design Group
- Empty Pulpit Monument by Barbara Chase-Riboud
- The Ripple Effects by Wodiczko + Bonder / Maryann Thompson Architects, with Walter Hood
WHICH ONE DO YOU WANT TO SEE AT BOSTON COMMON PARK?
Go to www,mlkboston.com/art/ to vote on your favorite design or leave your opinions about them.