Location: Somerville, Ma. (with some remote work and occasional travel)
Time: About 40 hours/week (occasional night and weekend work)
Salary: $45,000–$55,000/year, depending on experience
Deadline: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
Are you a well-organized person with a passion for helping organizations run smoothly? Well, you just might be right for the CultureHouse Operations position! This role will work to make CultureHouse a more efficient organization by developing and maintaining operational systems.
To apply, fill out this form: forms.gle/QyukJJ6kAocVwY4K9. NOTE: the form requires you to have a Google account. If you do not have access to one, you may also apply by emailing Aaron at firstname.lastname@example.org to request application materials.
- Office management
- Run events at CultureHouse HQ
- Complete tasks to make HQ run smoothly
- Organize team activities and meetings
- Contact management
- Manage contacts in monday.com and Mailchimp
- Manage donor program
- Manage CultureHouse Crew monthly donor program
- Coordinate internship program
- Operate CultureHouse social media accounts
- Write monthly newsletters and occasional blog posts
- If applicant is Spanish-speaking: Translating materials from English to Spanish
- Administrative work
- Maintain organization databases (Mailchimp, monday.com, Donorbox)
- Record and input receipts and maintain Quickbooks
- Coordinate nonprofit filing requirements
- Grant writing
- Assist in writing grant proposals for CultureHouse projects and programs
- Manage grant reporting requirements
- Unlimited PTO and 12+ company holidays
- Health and dental insurance (75% employer match)
- Flexible working schedule
- Remote work and office workspace
- Time-based raise structure
- Discounted Bluebikes membership
If you are passionate about creating cities that are livable, equitable, sustainable, and vibrant, you’re in the right place. We are looking for a self-starter who is exceptionally organized and is excited to work in a dynamic environment.
Highly preferred qualifications:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to create structure for others to follow
- Fluent in Spanish
- Experience working with monday.com
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Online
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable taking initiative and working through problems/unknowns
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a collaborative working style
- Commitment to social justice
Other preferred experience and qualifications:
- Background and/or interest in urban design, urbanism, or related field
- Knowledge of DEI frameworks and cultural competency
- Demonstrated ability to engage at a high level with issues of racial equity and inclusion
- Passion for grassroots progressive political change and shifting power to underrepresented communities
- Experience researching and writing grants
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds and willingness to get dirty!
To apply, fill out this form: forms.gle/QyukJJ6kAocVwY4K9. NOTE: the form requires you to have a Google account. If you do not have access to one, you may also apply by emailing Aaron at email@example.com to request application materials. Feel free to reach out with any questions. We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
CultureHouse is a nonprofit organization that improves livability in local communities by transforming underutilized spaces into vibrant social infrastructure. Our pop-ups are places to work, play, and foster connections. As a (very) small team, we work closely together and think on the fly. We also send a lot of GIFs on Slack, but that’s beside the point. You can learn more about our work at culturehouse.cc.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into what we’ve described above, or who have skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, and people with disabilities.