the post cover image is a painting by Allan Rohan Crite at the Boston Athenaeum
- Oct 23rd, 5 PM Sat. Black Boys BLACK JOY PROJECT host Mayor’s debate, the public is invited – RSVP – location: The Museum of African American History
- Oct 25th, STACEY ABRAMS rolls into the Town of Medford, will appear at The Chevelair Theatre — ticketed event
- Nov 1st, at 6:30 pm – Nicole-Hanna-Jones, professor and author of the 1619 Project will be in a Virtual Chat hosted by MassART.
- New apartments for rent in NUBIAN SQUARE available for viewing now – The Boston Development and Planning Agency real estate overseers have approved these brand new 265 Apartment, Condor and housing units to be built in the coming year(s) in Black Boston and neighborhoods..
Oct. 18-22, Kids in Tech STEM WEEK will tackle lessons and activities around artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies. The after-school technology club enables Kids in Tech to bring under-served communities and children opportunities to engage with technology and businesses. Kids in Tech will leverage free online resources to develop fun and informational. For more info see Olu Ibrahim, email@example.com, 978.821.6218.
Middle Passage Port Marker installation. See the African American slave import Boston port of entry marker. It is a newly constructed memorial placed on the Boston Harbor Walk to acknowledge Boston’s role as a NorthEast port of entry of slaves. It recognizes the vital role that Africans and their descendants played in the development of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and the United States of America. Location: Boston Harbor, Atlantic Avenue at
Wednesday-Saturday, October 13-16
Black Portraiture[s] VI: Absent/ed Presence, 2021
Keynote address by M. NourbeSe Philip
Hosted by the Agnes Etherington Art Centre at Queen’s University
Friday, October 15, 12:00pm
Nohora A. Arrieta Fernandez, Georgetown University
ALARI Seminar Series
Friday October 15, 1:00pm
Bettina Love, University of Georgia
We Want to Do More Than Survive
Part of the W. E. B. Du Bois Research Institute Alumni Fellows Virtual Reading Series
Short Film Awards
NEW HAMPSHIRE 20th Anniversary Film Festival
OCTOBER 14 – 17, 2021
AN ACADEMY AWARD® QUALIFYING FESTIVAL FOR THE SHORT FILM AWARDS
New Hampshire Film Festival (NHFF) draws professional filmmakers, screenwriters and film industry experts with film lovers. Short films that receive the festival’s Live Action Shorts Jury Award and Animation Shorts Jury Award may now qualify to enter the Short Films competition for the concurrent Oscar® season.
Boston Mayoral interview videos
by George Greenridge and the The Greatest Minds Boston High School to College civic organization.
Mayoral Candidate: Annissa Essaibi George
Greatest MINDS One-on-One Video: https://youtu.be/OM_TqTy-hk0
- Mayoral Candidate: John Barros
Greatest MINDS One-on-One Video: https://youtu.be/YApCX3iOE8E
- Mayoral Candidate: Michelle Wu
Greatest MINDS One-on-One Video: https://youtu.be/3N5V6adJMac
- Mayoral Candidate: Andrea Campbell
Greatest MINDS One-on-One Video: https://youtu.be/VaNnVTGQmIg
- Mayoral Candidate: Kim Janey
Campaign Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ruoh3B7lJo